I have decided to become a Libertarian & have resigned from the Republican Party. My first act is to state what I believe the New Republic structure should look like.
Click this link to log in or register for complete UNCENSORED access!
1. States Rights - Strip Congress of the power to do almost anything. Give the state assembly & legislature the power to tax the citizens according to the way they want. A proportional amount of money would be allocated to the federal government, but the states would have to approve the budget. Military spending would not be a line item. This removes the lobby power from 535 people and puts it in the hands of the states as to how to spend money.
2. Abolish the IRS - Give the states an expanded taxing power and citizens only pay taxes in their own state. Taxing can be as the state decides. This unloads the most invasive illegal seizure of money from citizens. We don't need it.
3. Strip Congress of most of its powers - Congress has shown it can't be trusted to legislate fairly nor conduct themselves properly. House and Senate shall remain, but mostly ceremonial roles. Take the purse strings away from them & set term limits of four year for all federal elected officials. They can propose federal laws but, the states must ratify.
4. Combine DHS with the Military as a new division - This group never should have been created & now it's a monster. Let the military operate it and use it as a domestic resource for disaster relief, aid to citizens, etc.
5. Close the Dept. of Education - Since it's inception, the agency has spent one trillion dollars, most of which has gone to support the corrupt teachers unions to vote democratic and our students proficiency has fallen from a worldwide rank of 4 to 39. Get rid of it.
6. Eliminate the Electoral College - Yep, the results of the last election proved that this device for electing a president & Vice President can be corrupted. The states already hold popular votes now. Just add them up and cast them as the vote. Yes, this eliminates the "state is sovereign" theory, but in our current election practice, it will be much harder to play the electoral chessboard. The one state allocation has resulted in elections being decided by 6 states. With the migration from blue states such as California and New York, the population is shifting the balance of vote. Get rid of it.
7. Remove Executive Orders - With Congress not approving anything of value, you don't need this. The president would still have the veto. This remedy has also been abused and weaponized by political parties. Kill it.
8. Congressional Salaries and lifelong perks - With a standard two four year term for all federal elected officials, a base salary of $100,000 for each House and Senate official and $400,000 for the president and $200,000 for the VP. Once they are out of office, no pension & no continuing perks such as healthcare. All elected officials shall be on the same federal healthcare system as citizens. No separate plans. Once you serve, you are done.
9. Make the Military a better career. - Increase military salaries for enlisted and non-commissioned officers to a living wage of $50,000 per year. This will make it able to recruit a better caliber of recruits. These people have families and the moms staying at home need help. Upon retirement from service, 50% of salary for as many years as service. Wounded get 50% of salary plus medical benefits for life. Killed soldiers family get 100% of salary benefits plus medical benefits for life. Small price to pay for those who serve.
10. Healthcare - The government, from its money allocated from the states, shall provide financial subsidies for healthcare.
11. Educational Subsidies. - Cut them off. No budget for these from the federal government anymore. Universities have become institutions for indoctrinating the youth and canceling our history. If you want to do that, then do it on your own dime.
12. Mandatory Military Service - Upon turning 18, all citizens must register with the military service of your choice. This is mandatory and other than health reasons, all must serve two years in a branch of the armed forces for non combat duty. If you choose to join the military as a full combatant soldier, then your time in the non combat service will count toward your full service.
Well, that's about it. Probably won't happen quickly but, it should happen. All of it. I'm dedicated to making these changes. We the People have to have a plan to fix it. This is mine. Join me on Politichatter www.politichatter.com as we move this agenda forward.
We don't have to destroy the system to fix it.