In the age of smart TVs and Fire TV Sticks that have given rise to the “on-demand” and streaming culture, there still are people who have been relying on their cloud storage to date. Today, a majority of the population either wants to stream shows and movies directly from Google Drive on Fire TV Stick or integrate Google Drive to Fire TV Stick for easy transfer for files and APKs.
This article is all about how to install and use Google Drive on Fire TV Stick in 2021.
Steps to Use Google Drive on Fire TV Stick
The lack of Google Play Services, framework, and other components restrict the users’ ability to use a bunch of Google apps on Fire TV Stick. The case with Google Drive is no different. In order to use Google Drive on Fire TV Stick, we need Kodi, a free and open-source media player software application developed by the XBMC Foundation. So basically, Kodi will be used on Fire TV Stick to access Google Drive from there. The steps to use Drive on the Fire TV Stick are mentioned below:
- Learn how to install Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick using the guide, which has been updated with the latest steps so as to avoid problems while sideloading the software application.
- After that, move on to “Add-ons” and click on “Search.”
- Enter “google drive” and press on the “OK” button.
- Post that open “Google Drive” from the search result.
- Click on “Install” and then press the “OK” button.
- After some minutes, go back. You will see that Google Drive has been added to Kodi under the “Add-ons” section.
- Open it and click on “Add an account.”
- A pop-up with a URL and a code will appear on your screen. The further operations can be followed on your smartphone or computer. Since you are going to allow a third-party service to access your Google Drive, you must add a throwaway Google account. Remember to share the media files to the throwaway account from your primary account.
- Once the process is over, you can enter the code displayed on Kodi using your smartphone or computer.
- Next, you will get an option to add or choose your Google account.
- Give the final permission to allow Kodi add-on to access Google Drive. The access can be disabled later using the revoke permissions.
- After allowing the Kodi add-on, you will receive a message stating “authentication successful” on your smartphone or computer. Kodi on your Fire TV Stick will automatically log in to your Google account.
- For the next step, click on your name on Kodi.
- All of your Drive files will then be easily available on Fire TV Stick via Kodi. Since Kodi is a powerful media center as well, you can also play media files directly on it.
Directly Stream Media Files Post Installing Google Drive
Following the steps mentioned above, you can easily add Google Drive to Fire TV Stick using Kodi. You may go through the linked guide if you want to learn more about sideloading Android APKs on Fire TV Stick. For any queries or help, comment below!
Source: Google Drive